We all remember Bohr’s atomic model, that we studied in Chemistry during our school days. Professor Neils Bohr, who won the Nobel prize in 1922 for discovering the fundamental structure and character of the atom, its components and how they interact, was a Danish citizen. When I arrived in Copenhagen, visiting The Neils Bohr Institute undoubtedly topped our priority list.
The Neils Bohr Institute in Copenhagen
Human beings have been trying to discover or explain all the phenomena that take place in the universe from time immemorial. Though a lot has been discovered, but many of them are still unexplained. Individuals, groups or communities who explained the inexplicable, discovered laws of nature have always inspired me from within.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it
By Neils Bohr
Visiting places like The Neils Bohr Institute, which thrives to explore the fundamental truths of nature through its research, and contributes to progress gives me an adrenaline rush. Trivial ups and downs in life become insignificant.
Metallic relief on the wall of Bohr’s residence
Bohr and Einstein, who were the founders of quantum mechanics often had discussions in this institute. Bohr-Einstein debates were intellectually fierce, but they had immense mutual admiration as well. This simple metallic relief on the wall of Bohr’s residence on the side of the institute reminded me of that. It was truly a pilgrimage site for me.Bohr and Einstein, who were the founders of quantum mechanics often had discussions in this institute. Click To Tweet
- Einstein House in Bern, Switzerland!
- Mysterious World of Dreams – The Freud Museum in Vienna
- Discovery of the Higgs Boson at CERN, Switzerland
- The national library of Denmark and Copenhagen university – Black Diamond, one among the world’s five most beautiful libraries
Join Travel Realizations
- If you enjoyed this post, Sign Up/Subscribe using the form to your right (or below if viewing on your smartphone) to receive posts by Email or…
- Join us on Facebook for regular updates and related articles
- Check us out on Instagram to see what we are up to in photos
- Follow us on Twitter for links to great travel articles curated just for you
- Or share this post with others by pinning on Pinterest!