Hanauma Bay in Oahu, Hawaii greets you with a dash of bright green and blue and sends gusty winds to give you company. And then when you see the boundless ocean, it sends small waves and if you continue standing there for some time, the waves splash against the mountain in such a way that the scene spans the summits of your mind. Slowly and steadily, it casts a spell on you so strong that even if you are restless in your rest, you will yield to its vibrancy.
Hanauma Bay in Oahu, Hawaii greets you with a dash of bright green and blue Click To Tweet
Hanauma Bay from a vantage point
Hanauma Bay with palm trees from the lookout resembled a scene that had sailed in my dreams often. But when I was looking at the bay, it seemed like a beautiful dream even more; such is the magic of the Bay.
Spectacular Hanauma Bay, which is a nature preserve has got its name from the Hawaiian language. Hana means bay and Uma means curve in the Hawaiian language. Our daughter Chirantana quickly woke up from her nap the moment the sweet breeze caressed her at the lookout.
Myself with my daughter, Chirantana at Hanauma Bay lookout
We went to this vantage point as part of our Oahu sightseeing day tour. If you want to explore Oahu like a local, then here is a list of 100 things to do on Oahu. Although we were there for a small amount of time, yet it glitters in my memory like a shining star.Hanauma Bay glitters in my memory like a shining star Click To Tweet
Similar articles from Travel Realizations
- In the depths of the Pacific – A submarine tour in Hawaii
- 75 years of Pearl Harbor – A testimony of infamy!
- A bouquet of beautiful sunsets!
- Canadian Rockies from Banff Gondola!
Join Travel Realizations
- If you enjoyed this post, Sign Up/Subscribe using the form to your right (or below if viewing on your smartphone) to receive posts by Email or…
- Join us on Facebook for regular updates and related articles
- Check us out on Instagram to see what we are up to in photos
- Follow us on Twitter for links to great travel articles curated just for you
- Or share this post with others by pinning on Pinterest!