When Messi and Neymar’s magic has started spreading its charm on football fans for their performances in World Cup 2014, let’s look inside the club FC Barcelona – the club where both Messi and Neymar play! (For those of you who prefer soccer, FC stands for Football club!)let's look inside the club FC Barcelona - the club where both Messi and Neymar play! (For those of you who prefer soccer, FC stands for Football club!) #Travel #Spain Click To Tweet
Football is like a festival
It was during the European Championships in 2012, I felt the enthusiasm of Europeans for football. I have seen here in Switzerland, almost all households (on their balcony) display a flag of the country which they support. Sometimes I have seen more than one flag as well, hinting at split loyalties! During the football match, after each and every goal I heard the vuvuzelas blaring from the balconies. They also burst crackers after winning. Football is like a festival and they celebrate it. Naturally, when I landed at the airport to spend a few days in Barcelona, visiting the Camp Nou Stadium of FCB topped the priority list.
The Camp Nou Stadium of FCB
The pictures below show a lovely and vigorous sculpture of a footballer in action, the Camp Nou stadium from outside, the logo of FCB and their slogan “Mes que un club” i.e “More than a club”.
Football Club Barcelona – More than a club!
In the stadium premise, there is an excellent sculpture of Laszlo Kubala
– A Hungarian footballer and a leading member of the successful Barcelona team in the 1950s.
Museum inside FCB
Like the Real Madrid Club, FCB too has a grand museum. Large interactive screens to know about their 100 year legacy and trophies they have won are a significant part of the experience. A large area where one can see different well played matches on gigantic screens is amazing.
Tip: Here is a perfect Barcelona itinerary for you.
In the picture on the right, I am standing in front of a photograph of the Camp Nou Stadium of FCB – about which, I am going to write in my next post. I will write about the player’s tunnel, their dressing room and the press room along with snaps of these places. For those who are like me (not a football fanatic), would surely love to read about the stadium like I did during the tour.
For soccer lovers, Camp Nou of FCB is a Duomo or Mecca of football. A few words in the comments section below from my readers are most welcome and highly encouraged! Cheers!For soccer lovers, Camp Nou of FCB is a Duomo or Mecca of football. Click To Tweet
Similar articles from Travel Realizations
- Camp Nou Stadium – The home of Football Club Barcelona!
- Santiago Bernabeu Stadium – The home of Real Madrid!
- The Real Madrid Club in Madrid, Spain!
- Poble Espanyol – An architectural museum in Barcelona!
Join Travel Realizations
- If you enjoyed this post, Sign Up/Subscribe using the form to your right (or below if viewing on your smartphone) to receive posts by Email or…
- Join us on Facebook for regular updates and related articles
- Check us out on Instagram to see what we are up to in photos
- Follow us on Twitter for links to great travel articles curated just for you
- Or share this post with others by pinning on Pinterest!